Saturday, February 04, 2006

Freshie Perfection

Today I'm back working in town driving Engine. After lunch we finished our inspections and came back to the station starting to smell like heaven. There was a group borrowing the firehouse kitchen to prepare food for their work party tonight. Everything was made from scratch, including taquitos, sopapillas, pork carnitas and guacamole. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the kitchen to see one entire counter covered with beautiful avocados and another full box of delicious tomatoes. It was truly a sight to behold. When I came in to take a photo they insisted that I have a tomato and an avocado. I do think it was the best avocado I've ever eaten and the tomato wedged with a little salt and pepper was very tasty too! Simple things make the biggest impact. I learn this lesson over and over here. It's a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home